Pupil, Sports & Catch-up Premiums

Catch-up Premium Report 2020-21

Pupil Premium Strategy 2020-21

Pupil Premium Report 2019-20

Pupil Premium Report 2018-19

Please click here for a guide to the pupil premium.

Sports Premium Statement
PE and sport have a high profile at St Oswald’s.  Sport Premium is an amount of money which the government has agreed to allocate to schools.  The Sport Premium is to be used to ‘Increase the quality & breadth of PE & Sport provision, and increasing participation in PE & Sport’.  The focus on PE enhances the St Oswald’s School Christian ethos by providing opportunities for our pupils to shine brightly in a range of ways; develop as team players and leaders; and to contribute to the wider community through festivals and competitions with other schools.

PE and Sports Premium Report – 2020/21

This year, we can confirm that 72% of Year 6 pupils are able to swim to the expected standard for the end of KS2. Of the other 28%, two children (making up 10%) had not been seen to meet the required standards. The remaining 18% accounts for children that have been new to the school in the past two years and who it has not been possible to confirm their swimming ability. (School closure and restrictions due to COVID-19 has meant that the school has been unable to complete the programme of swimming for the past two years. As such, these figures are based on swimming data for the cohort from Y4).

Children at St Oswald’s also actively attend a range of out of school clubs.  This is a selection:

Destination Judo
Several clubs across the County – visit their website www.destinationjudo.com

Durham Climbing Centre
www.durhamclimbingcentre.co.uk

Durham Palatinates Netball
www.pitchero.com/clubs/durhampalatinatesnetballclub

Durham City Amateur Swimming and Water Polo Club
https://uk.teamunify.com/team/nedcaswpc/page/home

Durham Wildcats Wheelchair Basketball
Contact Richard Warburton richard.warburton@dur.ac.uk